International Scholarly Conference “Moscow Conservatory in Its Past, Present and Future”
20 сентября 2016 г. - 24 сентября 2016 г. | Conferences
Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory, one of today’s leading institutions of higher music education all over the world, is celebrating its 150th anniversary. Detection and analysis of historical, artistic, management and social mechanisms of its functioning make us reconsider the way it has passed through time and allow us to raise this issue as a research topic. Another crucially important aspect of it is a continuous necessity to eliminate the blank spots that cannot but occur at various stages of the extremely difficult history of Russia in general and of its leading conservatory in particular.
The main topics and topical areas of the conference are as follows:
- clarification of various aspects of the Moscow Conservatory history in terms of its relations with both national and international musical communities at different historical periods;
- Moscow Conservatory not only as the leading force in the field of preservation and development of the classical music education traditions in Russia but also as a supreme stage that completes the three-level system of higher music education developed in the USSR;
- the future of the Moscow Conservatory in the light of the challenges of the time, and development of the network of its innovational divisions, as well as modification of the academic, scholarly, artistic and enlightening activities of the institution;
- researches on the conservatory’s historical pages and names forgotten due to some objective reasons, as well as their introduction for scholarly use;
- Moscow Conservatory as a crucially important factor for development of the artistic schools of the peoples of the USSR, as well as the institution’s heritage in the CIS and foreign countries;
- development of the scholarly component in the functioning of the Moscow Conservatory in terms of the specificity of its schools and trends;
- a separate section “Nikolay Myaskovsky’s Artistic and Teaching Activities,” dedicated to the outstanding composer’s 135th anniversary;
- a separate section “To the Centennial of the Publishing of Alexey Losev’s Three Works: The Two Outlooks (on the Impressions after ‘La Traviata’), On the Musical Perception of Love and Nature (to the 35th Anniversary of Rimsky-Korsakov’s ‘The Snow Maiden’), and On Eros in Plato’s Texts.”
The conference speeches presented in the form of articles will be published in a collected book.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 1 June 2016. The application must contain the applicant’s full name, place of work, job position, topic of the speech, and an abstract of 300 words maximum.
Please forward the applications to both e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.