The right wing of the Moscow Conservatory building prior to 1953 held apartments for the Conservatory faculty and staff members. Composer, pianist and organist Aleksandr Feodorovich Goedicke (1877–1957) lived here – we are reminded of this by the commemorative plate, mounted in 1962. His neighbors in the building were violinist Ivan Voytsekhovich Grzhimali, conductor Konstantin Solomonovich Saradzhev, musicologist Pavel Aleksandrovich Lamm and researcher of folk music Kliment Vasil’yevich Kvitka.
On the first floor there was a music store, which was very popular among Muscovites. In the beginning it was called “Simfonia,” then “Lira,” and presently – Bechstein.” Since 1957 this building has been used for classes and lectures. In addition, the building also contains a chamber concert hall (with 64 seats). Previously it was called “Bely zal” (the “White Hall”).
In 2003 an organ of the “Orgelbau Goll AG” firm (made in Switzerland in 1968) was installed in the hall. The organ was previously located in the building of a Lutheran church in Zurich (at the address: Narzissenstrasse, 10). In late 2001 this building was acquired by the Zurich parish of the Church of the Resurrection of Christ, pertaining to the Russian Orthodox Church (the Moscow Patriarchate), funded by believers from the parish. During the partial reconstruction of the building (which included raising the cupolas and dismantling the organ) upon the initiative of the priest, Father Oleg (Batov) and Professor of the Moscow Conservatory, Mikhail Aleksandrovich Saponov, who at that time was carrying out musical research in Switzerland, it was decided to offer the organ as a gift to the Moscow Conservatory, upon the condition that it would be approved by the Moscow Patriarchate. The idea was immediately supported by the Conservatory’s rector, Professor Alexander Sergeyevich Sokolov, the blessing of the Patriarchate was received, and in 2002 the organ was transferred into the building of the Conservatory in a dismantled state, having been transported with the greatest precautions. The work on dismantling the instrument in Zurich and assembling it in Moscow was carried out by Natalia Vladimirovna Malina – a faculty member and the organ master at the Conservatory, an Honored Cultural Worker of Russia.
Upon the decision of the Advisory Board of the Moscow Conservatory from November 28, 2006, the concert hall, as well as the entire Second Tutorial Building was given the name of outstanding Russian composer Nikolay Yakovlevich Myaskovsky (1881–1950).